Rosnellys Perez

Rosnellys Perez

Friday, September 24, 2010

My Obsession Got His Own Name And Last Name (:

January 19, 1964 was the day God blessed the earth with the presence of the best Spanish singer-songwriter ever, Ricardo Arjona; but it wasn’t until May 30th 2009 when I was the blessed one and met him face-to-face, all thanks to the letter I wrote for him in a contest based on writing everything I could tell him if I had the chance, in the letter, I opened myself and said my deepest feelings for him. Some people call what I feel an obsession, others call it a fantasy, a few call it love; I simply call it feeling him, and it’s just the fact that he probably will never know how much I love him, but every time I lay down and listen to his songs, it’s totally impossible not to fall in love with his voice, his lyrics, his passion, his ideas and goals, and just the real way he express things no matter who likes it or not. His personality is a “take it or leave it” type, and who wouldn’t fall in love with somebody so real?

My love and respect for Ricardo Arjona can not be expressed with a simple word, and it’s because there’s no word as close as perfection as what I feel for him. And I don’t care if others could think I’m getting attached to something impossible, because when I said that I was going to meet him before I died, all of them laughed and tried to bring me down, but when it finally happened they were fake enough to say that they knew I would complete that goal.

Sadly, when I finally saw him, all I could say was... Oh my Gosh, I love you. Sad isn't it? But whatever, I still loved it.

And even if probably Ricardo Arjona himself don’t give a damn about what I feel, I’m not changing a single thing, because he’s like a tattoo for me, he’s under my skin, and to take him off it will take a long and painful process that I’m not trying to go through.

If I had five minutes alone with him again, I will use it to thanks him all the times he helped me get out of so many doubts and problems with the lyrics of his songs, and he wasn’t even trying to. The times he made me laugh when I didn’t feel like it, and when I cried listening to his songs because it feels like he wrote them thinking about me, or what I am going through. It’s because of those times that if I had just five minutes, even a second with him again, I will thanks him and let him know that he’s just one in a million.


*My favorite song ever:


Tu Reputacion - Ricardo Arjona



(:

No comments:

Post a Comment