Rosnellys Perez

Rosnellys Perez

Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Mr. President



Oh Pink... I've been listening to her music since I first started learning English, at first I had no idea what half of her songs were talking about though, but, I still kept listening to her songs because she has no fears! I love that about her music, she just speak her mind off and put the cards on the table you like it or not.

Dear Mr. President is my favorite song of hers, why? Well, because she wrote this for Bush, but, it also applied to the president of my country (not the actual one, but the one before). Dominican Republic's government has always been a big issue for me, because after all that is my country, my family lives there and it's where I was born and raised, and it hurts to see how a group of people take advantage of the power that US the people give them to try and make it better for ourselves and then they just end up lying to us, making our lives a damn HELL, killing our love ones, and just making out of our beautiful country, a MESS.

Now days, they situation with the new president is better, but there is still a little bit of corruption going on, and a little of "if you do not have money, you're worthless here" around.

I have to admit living in my loved island Dominican Republic is the MAIN reason why I am majoring in Criminal Justice now days, because I want a CHANGE, I believe our country deserves better than what we already have, a better quality of life, a better government, people with passion for our ideals, people who love our country... Not just our money; and if God allows me, I will be part of that change. I believe in what others think it's impossible. I don't care who try to bring me down, I wont give up.

Anyways, I am going off topic... AGAIN :P
 Just watch the video, feel the lyrics and enjoy.

Dear Mr. President by PINK!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment